FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Michael Mack, Las Vegas Events (email@example.com)
(702) 260-8605 or (702) 349-0023 (cellular)
Complimentary Shuttle Bus Service Available for the
Wrangler National Finals Rodeo
NFR Express to include Las Vegas Convention Center and 20 hotel properties
LAS VEGAS – November 21, 2013 – Rodeo fans looking for transportation to and from the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo (NFR) will have the option to utilize the complimentary shuttle bus service – the NFR Express — with routes from the Las Vegas Convention Center and NFR official host hotels on the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown to the Thomas & Mack Center.
From Thursday, Dec. 5 through Saturday, Dec. 14, shuttle buses will pick up in front of the NFR Cowboy Christmas Gift Show/FanFest located at the Las Vegas Convention Center. This one-way route will serve as the Rodeo Express Shuttle and will run from the Las Vegas Convention Center North Hall directly to the Thomas & Mack Center.
Also beginning on Dec. 5, the NFR Express will begin complimentary routes to and from the NFR sponsor hotels. There are now fourteen routes, covering 20 hotel properties.
“The NFR Express has become an integral part of our transportation plan,” said Pat Christenson, president of Las Vegas Events. “In addition to the routes that service our hotel partners, there is a one-way shuttle that allows fans to move efficiently from Cowboy Christmas and FanFest to the Thomas & Mack Center. With increased traffic and parking congestion at the Thomas & Mack Center, we encourage fans to consider this complimentary mode of transportation.”
In 2013, all Wrangler NFR performances begin at 6:45 p.m. (PT). For those dates, the NFR Express will begin pick-ups at 5 p.m. (PT) and include return service until 10:30 p.m. (PT). There is no shuttle bus service during the actual rodeo performance.
Rodeo fans are urged to utilize the NFR Express for round-trip transportation. In addition, fans are asked to allow approximately 15 minutes for traffic conditions from each hotel pick-up point. The NFR Express routes and pick-up points are as follows:
Route 1 – Express Shuttle
– Cowboy Christmas/FanFest – LVCC North Hall by the flag pole
– MGM Grand – West Wing valet entrance
– Sam’s Town – Back entrance, next to McDonald’s
– Excalibur – Rear circle
– Tropicana – North entrance (facing Tropicana Blvd.)
– Mandalay Bay – Tour & Travel lobby
– Planet Hollywood – Tour bus lobby
– Silver Sevens – West entrance
– Circus Circus – Front entrance
– Aria (City Center) – Tour bus lobby
– Monte Carlo – West valet entrance
– Orleans – Main valet entrance
– Golden Nugget – Carson Tower entrance
– Mirage – North valet entrance
– Treasure Island (TI) – Bus loading zone, near the South Side Valet
– Flamingo – Tour Bus area (Audrie St. and Flamingo Rd.)
– Harrah’s – Bus Plaza, next to valet
– Gold Coast – Main valet entrance
– Palms – Main entrance at end or Porte-Cochere
– Silverton – Main valet entrance
– South Point – Main valet entrance (outside Porte-Cochere)
For more information on the Wrangler NFR, Cowboy Christmas Gift Show and Cowboy FanFest, please visit www.NFRexperience.com or through social media at /LasVegasNFR and use #WranglerNFR.
# # #
About Las Vegas Events
Las Vegas Events is a private, not-for-profit organization that serves as the exclusive major special events agency for the city. Founded in 1982, LVE is funded by hotel room tax. Through its Signature Event initiative, LVE has created a model to integrate all elements of special events and formally improve communication between event producers and Las Vegas’ hotel properties and sponsors. Since 1991, Las Vegas Events has produced, presented or supported more than 600 events.
About the Wrangler NFR
The Wrangler National Finals Rodeo (NFR), considered the world’s premier rodeo, features 10 straight days of the best in rodeo competition, with a total of 120 contestants competing every night in seven events. Each December, the top 15 contestants, based on the 2013 PRCA World Standings, in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding qualify to compete at the Wrangler NFR.